Chefs pose from their waterfront booth at the Pacific Wine & Food Classic, last held in 2019. Photo courtesy of TastePro
The much-anticipated return of food festivals has achieved a great milestone with the announcement of the world-renowned Pacific Wine and Food Classic taking place Saturday, October 23 and Sunday, October 24, 2021.
Held at the idyllic beachside setting of Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort, this iconic food festival allows guests to indulge in some of Southern California’s best restaurants, high-end wines and lavish cocktails literally on the sand.
“We are thrilled to once again spotlight our incredible local chefs while giving our guests the sensory experience they were missing over the past year,” says Pamela Waitt, President of the Orange County Restaurant Association and founder of Pacific Wine and Food Classic. “With this year’s thoughtfully curated format, every single guest attending will experience the VIP preferential treatment. You won’t want to miss out on this beachside affair.”
Voted number one on USA Today’s list of 10Best Food Festivals in the nation, the Pacific Wine and Food Classic is set to boast line-up of more than 30 restaurants and food experiences, including award-winning giant paella from Villa Roma and Cambalache, an oyster bar courtesy of Glasspar with caviar from The Caviar Co., Central Mexican street-inspired cuisine from Descanso, seasonal farm-to-table bites from Farmhouse at Roger’s Gardens, modern Indian cuisine from Adya, delectable desserts from Miss Mini Donuts and Mixed Bakery, and more. The classic is also thrilled to welcome many first-time participants to the event, including Michelin-recognized Fable & Spirit, Scarlet Kitchen & Lounge, and Sweet Surrender Bakery.
The epicurean experience begins after check-in as guests are greeted with a donut-garnished Carajillo welcome cocktail made with Licor 43 and espresso or cold brew over ice. Drinks are ever-abundant throughout the weekend, with 40 premium wines, locally brewed beer and a variety of refreshing cocktails.
The Pacific Wine and Food Classic takes place at Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort located at 1131 Back Bay Drive, Newport Beach, CA, 92660. Early Bird tickets are $230 and available through June 20, 2021. The event is limited to guests ages 21 and over. Net proceeds for The Pacific Wine & Food Classic proudly benefit the Golden Rule Charity.
The event will follow all local, state and CDC guidelines. For more information on the Pacific Wine & Food Classic, to view the pricing schedule and to purchase tickets, please visit pacificwineandfood.com.
Featured local chefs and restaurants include:
- Chef Alfonso Sanna, Angelina’s Pizzeria
- Chef Andrea Machuca, BXCR Wine Bar
- Chef Brian Huskey, Tackle Box, Private chef and Top Chef Season 11
- Chef David Shofner, Fable & Spirit and Golden Foodie Awards “Best New Restaurant 2019”
- Chef Eddie Hyman, The Country Club
- Chef Eloy Matias, Muldoon’s Irish Pub
- Chef Elyssa Fournier, Mixed Bakery and Golden Foodie Awards “Pastry Chef of the Year 2017”
- Chef Fonzy De Zuniga, Descanso
- Chef Joe Youkhan, Co-founder and National Director of Culinary Operations of Western Hospitality Group, co-founder of SmörBurgers, and a Champion of the Food Network’s “Chopped!”
- Chef Joel Gutierrez, Lido Bottle Works
- Chef John Park, Toast and Golden Foodie Awards “Chef of the Year” 2019
- Chef Julie Thomas, Sweet Surrender Bakery
- Chef Karla Vasquez, Chelas
- Chef Leo Razo, Villa Roma and Cambalache
- Chef Linda Johnson, Filomena's Italian Kitchen and Food Network’s “Restaurant: Impossible”
- Chef Matthew Sirjani, Peninsula Lounge
- Chef Matthew Vaillette, Olea - Saturday Only
- Chef Paige Riordan, Scarlet Kitchen & Lounge
- Chef Rich Mead, Farmhouse at Roger’s Gardens and Golden Foodie Awards “Chef of the Year 2017” - Sunday only
- Chef Rob Wilson, Glasspar and Orange Coast Magazine’s Best New Restaurant 2021
- Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, The Yellow Chilli and Famous Indian celebrity chef, entrepreneur and television personality.
- Chef Sergio Rocha, Playa Mesa
- Chef Shachi Mehra, Adya and Food Network’s “Chopped”, winner and Golden Foodie Awards “Rising Star Chef of the Year 2019”
- Chef Ugo Allesina, Prego
- Daria & Alex Zhukova, WAVE
- Leslie Nguyen, Miss Mini Donuts
- Wing Lam, Wahoo’s Fish Tacos